With comfortable seats, easy access storage, and large rear drive tires, the Z300 Series makes yard work a breeze. And thanks to the Accel Deep™ Mower Deck, optional MulchControl™ kits, and up to 7mph travel speed, it gets the job done fast so you can get the most out of your lawn.
The 20-HP, V-Twin John Deere engine has plenty of power and torque for the Z335E to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions – most suitable for a flat with obstacles terrain, up to one acre. Comfortable 15-in back two spring suspension seat, cup holder, side and under seat storage compartments, color coded controls for easy identification and low-fuel warning light visible in daylight.
Smooth, powerful V-Twin engine
- A 20-hp (14.9-kW) V-twin M40 engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions. The engine is V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality, with overhead valves for power and fuel economy.
- A full-pressure lubrication and oil filter keeps oil cleaner for a long engine life and extends the time between oil changes; and there’s easy access to the no-tools oil drain valve for oil changes.
- A rear engine guard for protects the engine and provides additional strength and integrity.
The 42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep™ (42A) Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
- The 42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds.
- Superior durability is designed in. The 42A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service. Mower wheels are double-captured, to provide greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life. The low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on the engines lower bearing and mower deck bearings for longer life.
- The 42A Mower is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another:
- The mowers cut-and-throw design allows bagging with just the addition of the hopper and chute, once the special bagging blades have been installed.
- With the optional MulchControl attachment installed (along with the special mulching blades), changing from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
- MulchControl option. The MulchControl attachment for the 42A Mower Deck makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material.
Operator station is designed for comfort and convenience
- The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience when operating all controls, and offers excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck for easy operation.
- Twin-level controls adjust for convenience and comfort, and a shock absorber dampens motion control lever movement to give smooth operation.
- The Z335E also offers a comfortable seat with armrests that can be flipped up and out of the way, with steel coil suspension springs under the seat to absorb shocks and smooth your ride. There’s also a cup holder, as well as covered storage under the seat and open storage along the left side of the vehicle for the operator to keep safety equipment, mobile phones, etc.
Design includes a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame
- ZTrak Mowers are designed for strength and reliability.
- Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits: a smoother ride, better slope performance, more operator comfort over uneven ground and better traction.
- The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use. It’s easy to get on and off the mower, there’s ample legroom for comfortable operation, and color-coded and logically placed controls.
Instruments and controls are convenient and easy to use
- Motion-control levers. The motion-control levers can be adjusted to two height settings and nine fore-aft settings for a total of 18 different positions. This provides increased operator comfort and more precise control of the machine.
- On-board tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy – the cut-height pin includes a 13-mm wrench and doubles as a convenient tool for adjusting tracking and the motion-control lever position.
- Mower deck lift/cut-height adjustment. Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 1 in. (2.5 cm) to 4 in. (10.2 cm) in 0.25-in. (0.64-cm) increments for excellent cut quality and performance.
- Mower deck adjustment has built-in memory so the operator can easily return to the desired cutting height after raising the deck.
Serviceability is designed-in for convenience
- A convenient service interval decal provides basic maintenance information. It provides a quick-reference for keeping recommended service up to date.
- Accel Deep™ Mower Decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimises places for debris to collect.
- Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
- Provision is provided for a standard, 3/8-in. (9.5-mm) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
- Tie-down locations are provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
Two-year or 120-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty is included
An exclusive 2-year or 120-hour single-source, bumper-to-bumper warranty* is included for all John Deere Z300 Series Zero-Turn Mowers.
Note: Photos are for illustrative purposes only, deck colours and other features may vary between green and yellow.
- Z300 Series
- Deck Size:
- 107cm (42")
- 14.9 kW (20hp)
- Mowing Area:
- Up to 1 Acre
- Flat / Some Slopes
John Deere MulchControl™ System
The optional MulchControl™ Kit from John Deere turns your mowe...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Nutrition
Lush, green grass is a sight to behold but professional greenk...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Maintenance
When the peak lawn growing and mowing season comes around, the...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips Lawn Stripes
Discover how to get those legendary stripes in your backyard w...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Renovation
When you hear the word ‘renovation’, doing up a house or build...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips Lawn Soil Health (Australia)
Is your lawn thriving or failing? Now is the perfect time to l...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips Watering Your Lawn (Australia)
If you’ve been giving your lawn a daily light sprinkle, now is...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips the 1/3 Rule (New Zealand)
For the perfectly cut lawn, less is more. A third less, to be ...