The 100 Series Ride-on Mowers combine strength and reliability with yard-friendly simplicity, comfort and control. With a choice of models and a wide range of features and options to choose from, the 100 Series has something for everyone. These robust ride-on mowers are engineered for years of trouble-free service and combine superb cut quality with outstanding ease of use.
The John Deere S130 lawn tractor is the premium 42-inch deck model of the 100 Series line up. The ride is comfortable. S130 features a hydrostatic transmission, side-by-side foot pedals, enhanced styling, adjustable controls and 15-in open back seat, cruise control, easy read fuel gauge, electric blade engagement and a front bumper. The 22-HP V-Twin John Deere engine has plenty of power to handle tough mulching, mowing and bagging conditions (coverage up to 2 acres). The 42-inch Edge™ Cutting System is time-tested and proven to offer superior cut quality and can be easily equipped to bag or mulch. And John Deere Easy Change™ 30-Second Oil Change System, the original All-In-One oil and oil filter canister, allows anyone to easily change their tractor oil with no hassles and no mess.
Powerful V-twin engine features full-pressure lubrication for dependability and long life
- A 16kW (22-hp) V-twin engine has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mowing, mulching, and bagging
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system
The John Deere Easy Change 30-second oil change system makes changing the engine oil easy, quick, and clean. Changing the oil is as easy as twisting on a new oil-filled filter. Oil does not need to be drained from the engine.
Everyone who uses the John Deere Easy Change system saves time and avoids the mess of a traditional oil change. In the past, many 100 Series Lawn Tractor owners rarely or never got around to changing their engine oil. With the 30-second oil change, even people who previously would not consider changing the oil themselves can easily do it. The Easy Change system is a no-mess, no-fuss solution the competition cannot match.
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
- Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge, 2.66-mm (0.105-in.) steel
- Cast-iron front axle will not bend
- Front bumper protects the tractor
- The front bumper is included on the S130 and S140. It is available as an optional attachment for the S100, S110, and S120.
- The CargO Mount system is a combination of front- and rear-mounting points providing convenient and easy installation of the sun canopy, rear bagger, and other attachments.
Hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of ground speeds
- A Tuff Torq® hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of speeds and makes changing the direction of travel easy. Side-by-side foot pedals control the speed and direction of travel.
- Automotive-type accelerator controls ensure easy operation.
- Operator can change direction without lifting foot off the platform.
- Large pedal surface gives superior operator comfort.
- Appropriate transmissions are used in each model, depending on rear tire size and tractor performance requirements, to ensure excellent performance and reliability:
- Tuff Torq TLT200 – S100, S110, S120, S130 and S140
Operator station designed for comfortable operation
- The operator station is designed for operator comfort and easy operation:
- Controls are positioned where they are easy to reach and use to control the tractor.
- The steering wheel is positioned and angled to give the operator plenty of room and steering comfort.
- The seat is positioned to provide the most comfortable operator position.
- Controls are easy to see and use.
- Wide footrest areas with non-slip, anti-vibration floor mats are provided for operator comfort.
- Operator comfort is enhanced with a 38-cm (15-in.) high-back, two-piece seat with an open back.
- Fender flares included on the S130 covering the tires more completely and add style to the mower.
Instruments and controls are easy to find and convenient to use
- The contoured dash has clean, attractive styling.
- Controls are color-coded and labeled for easy identification.
- Controls are logically placed and easy to reach.
- The hour meter makes it easy to tell when oil changes and other maintenance should be performed.
- Functional design of the controls provides good appearance and a comfortable feel.
- The easy-read fuel gauge shows how much fuel is in the tank and can be seen on the dashboard.
- Side-by-side foot pedals control the speed and direction of travel.
- Cruise control is available on the S120 and the S130.
- Mower deck height adjustment - A spring-assisted, ergonomically designed lift lever simplifies adjusting the mower cut height.
- Parking brake control - The parking brake control is conveniently located on the tractor pedestal for easy access. It holds the brake pedal securely in the locked position.
Serviceability is convenient with an easy-open hood
- The one-piece hood opens easily to permit checking and servicing the engine:
- Important service points are located within easy reach.
- A service interval decal is provided inside the tractor hood for convenience when servicing the tractor.
- The engine fuel and oil filters, the oil check/fill tube, and the oil drain tube are exposed for serviceability when the hood is opened.
- The seat tilts up and out of the way to make adding fuel easy.
- Hood will not rust or dent, and includes quality headlights.
The Edge™ cutting system gives superior performance
- The Edge cutting system has been trademarked to emphasise the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give superior mowing performance, convenience, and reliability.
- The 107-cm (42-in.) Edge Mower Deck is a two-spindle design with heavy-duty characteristics.
- StarLock™ blade design - The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
- Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
- A cut-and-throw, 229-L (6.5-bu) bagger is sold separately and comes with bagging blades. Special bagging blades are not required but they can enhance performance.
Two-year or 120-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty is included
An exclusive 2-year or 120-hour single-source, bumper-to-bumper warranty* is included for all John Deere 100 Series Tractors.
Note: Photos are for illustrative purposes only, deck colours and other features may vary between green and yellow.
- 100 Series
- Deck Size:
- 107cm (42")
- 16kW (22hp)
- Mowing Area:
- Up to 1 Acre
- Flat / Some Slopes
- Manual 2-Wheel
John Deere 100 and 200 Series Lawn Tractors – Model Year 2021
John Deere 100 Series and 200 Series Riding Lawn Tractors – No...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Nutrition
Lush, green grass is a sight to behold but professional greenk...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Maintenance
When the peak lawn growing and mowing season comes around, the...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips Lawn Stripes
Discover how to get those legendary stripes in your backyard w...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Renovation
When you hear the word ‘renovation’, doing up a house or build...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips Lawn Soil Health (Australia)
Is your lawn thriving or failing? Now is the perfect time to l...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips Watering Your Lawn (Australia)
If you’ve been giving your lawn a daily light sprinkle, now is...
John Deere Lawn Legends: Lawn Tips the 1/3 Rule (New Zealand)
For the perfectly cut lawn, less is more. A third less, to be ...